Firebreathing Films asked me to do moderate VFX work for The Fiancé, a horror movie. They needed rotoscoping, compositing, and general vfx work for their film.
One of the more creative problem-solving and fun scenes to do was adding a projected image into a certain scene.
- Rotoscope the foreground to create an alpha matte
- Project the screen onto the background
- Cast shadows by subtracting an offset version of the foreground alpha channel from the backdrop.
- Project an offset and distorted image onto the characters
- Place the character projections back on using the foreground’s alpha matte
A majority of the shots were placing glowing eyes on various characters via motion tracking.
Other times I rotoscoped cars out of backgrounds and reflections as to not be distracting, or placed a few elements into the scenes.